Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fiction Writing Classes Start on October 14

It's autumn and time for school, time for reading and most of all time for writing!
The muses are very active inspiring me to write and to continue teaching and motivating others to write. I will be teaching on Mondays, 10:00 a.m. - noon, at the Lincoln Center in Stevens Point, Wis. for the eighth year! The returning students keep me coming back - so I can't quit! The beauty of teaching fiction writing is that I also learn from my students. This session, October 14 - December 9, has 10 students signed/committed so far. The class size is limited to 12 so we all have time to read what we write! The first hour is devoted to one of the elements of fiction, for example: setting, character development, point-of-view, dialogue, theme/plot and climax/conclusion of the story. The second hour is open for students to read and ask for comments and constructive criticism for the short story or longer piece they are working on. See you next week! Keep reading and write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment